Wednesday, June 6, 2007

When is the best time to arb?

I get asked this question a lot about when the best time to arb is. From my experience of sports arbitrage, it varies by what sport choices you have to bet on. For example, right now, I will generally check baseball games before the early 1pm EST games around 11am. I will check again for the evening games that start at 7pm and later around 5pm to 6pm.

I will generally not spend much time with sports arbitrage, usually no more than 15 minutes once or twice a day. If nothing is there, then I move on. You don't want to get wrapped up in waiting by the computer for that "perfect arb", it's best to check once to twice a day and make the best available bet on the board. Even if it is for a small loss on the arb, you still more than make up for that with the bonus and time saved.

If you are looking for a good bonus right now, check out Sportbet. They offer a $250 cash bonus on a $500 deposit. A very solid book which has always been quick with their withdrawals. Sportbet has dimeline pricing and has always been one of my favorite book to play with (15pct reloads doesn't hurt either).

No comments: